© 2000 CONTENT DIRECTIONS, INC.
So in the
world, a Unique Identifier:
- enables all kinds of automated transactions (selling, distributing,
- facilitates inventory control, financial tracking, reporting
world, content has no physical inventory,
transportation, or physical logistics.
- There is a fully analogous, if not
complex, chain of transactions
and systems which must interact to facilitate sale, distribution, copyright
protection, re-use, etc.
- Like any other computer systems, these systems require a unique,
unambiguous ID - so they know
what object they’re talking about.
- Like any other computer systems, these systems must share that ID
universally if they are to talk to
- successfully, reliably, and